Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2010, a New Year

Hello blogosphere, it's 2010 - February already - and I realize I've taken quite the hiatus from this space.  It's all good though... I have been feeling completely exhausted, and work has been taking a good deal out of me.  When I mention that I have scarcely knit (knat?) anything at all because I've been so tired, that may be taken as A Sign.

I am, however, perking up a bit, in part because Maryland has been dealt a one-two punch sequence by the weather.  What this translates to, for me, is telecommuting to work, which is FABULOUS.  I save 2 hours a day by not having to get into the car and fight traffic.  It's bliss, let me tell you! 

I also finished up a small knitting project recently, which I had started on a train trip in December.

This is Jared Flood's Turn A Square pattern (link to Ravelry),
knit with Ecological Wool (a light marled color) and part of a skein of Noro Kureyon.

It's a bit big, as I second-guessed the pattern and added a couple more stitches on.  I also didn't decrease as sharply as the pattern is written at the crown, but it's comfy and warm.  Since it's a bit big I've been thinking about adding a fleece lining - not sure about that.

The snow has been blowing all moring, almost horizontally as I look out the window.  I hope you are all staying warm!  (And, if you are in the Southern Hemisphere, staying cool.)

No comments: