Thursday, October 15, 2009

Well, I finally cut the cord with TypePad. Nice hosting and support, easy-peasy to use, but I have a hard time justifying the cost. So I blog on.

I have to admit, Ravelry, that amazing crafty site, has cut significantly into my checking out other blogs, and that's kind of sad. I'd like to get back to seeing what is going on with the little bloggy world I know.

As an overview update: still in Maryland, E graduated from his grad program and started a job a few months ago, and while the dogs miss us at home, it's nice to be on roughly the same schedules. While he was in school, we'd often miss each other quite a bit - now at least we're both headed home around the same time.

Autumn is coming to Maryland - it makes me miss New England like crazy. Crazy, I tell you! We have a few trees with leaves turning a deep burnt orange, which is lovely.

We are planning a weekend road trip, the first we've taken since moving out here. I'm very excited about it - we'll be taking the dogs and staying with a friend as we head to upstate New York. I hope to see lots of gorgeous foliage and to unwind a bit. I appreciate the jobs each of us has, but living in a huge commuting-by-car "corridor" is making me restless and edgy. I'm dreaming of rolling hills, green and dark forests, rivers, and open fields with stone fences.

No comments: